Penny Sansevieri joined me on the the final episode of the four part series on self-publishing.
This week we discussed self-publishing platforms. Penny offered terrific advice on what to look for when choosing a publishing platform and how to make sure that they are a right for for you and your book.
Here are some things to think about:
- Is self-publishing right for you? Watch part one of this series- Is Self Publishing Right for You? with Angela Bole and Charlotte Pierce
- What kind of book are you publishing?
- Are you considering using print-on-demand options?
- Call the companies that you are considering and ask questions. Ask the same question three different ways.
- What are the author discounts with the publisher? What are other fees?
- Read your contracts and then read again. If you don’t understand the document PLEASE take it someone and have them go over it with you.
- Talk to other authors and see who they use!
- Don’t rush.
- Why FREE is good.
Listen to the Podcast
Here is a few bits of knowledge that Penny has shared. Make sure to follow her blog, Author Marketing Experts
How to Sell Books by the Truckload by Penny Sansevieri
Business For Authors. How To Be An Author Entrepreneur by Joanna Penn
In case you missed any of the other episodes of The Writing Biz Self-Publishing Series:
NEXT WEEK: Part One of the 3 Part Series on Book Marketing
Book Marketing; The Basics with Shawn Manaher of Book Marketing Tools and Rivka Kawano of Author Sensei
Penny C. Sansevieri, CEO and founder of Author Marketing Experts, Inc., is a best-selling author and internationally recognized book marketing and media relations expert. Her company is one of the leaders in the publishing industry and has developed some of the most cutting-edge book marketing campaigns. She is the author of five books, including Red Hot Internet Publicity, which has been called the “leading guide to everything Internet.” AME is the first marketing and publicity firm to use Internet promotion to its full impact through The Virtual Author Tour™, which strategically works with social networking sites, micro-blogs, blogs, book videos, and relevant sites to push an author’s message into the virtual community and connect with sites related to the book’s topic, positioning the author in his or her market. AME has had five recent books top the bestseller lists, including New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal. To learn more about Penny’s books or her promotional services, you can visit her website at http://www.amarketingexpert.com. To subscribe to her free ezine, send a blank email to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org