Have you noticed that hashtags are everywhere? They first became popular on Twitter but most of the other social media platforms have since adopted hashtags.
Writers can use hashtags in many different ways.
- As a clickable link within Twitter
- Click on the on a word with a # and it will bring up more posts that were marked with that keyword.
- To create categories
- To encourage engagement
So, how can a writer make the most out of hashtags? First let’s take a look at your writing business. There are several ways you can use hashtags to drive engagement, create categories and much more.
and more and more and more
Here is an example of a Tweet that uses hashtags
- Tweets with Hashtags Double Your Engagement
- Tweets with Graphic Links Get 2x the Engagement
- Twitter’s Fastest Growing Demographic is 55–64
- Tweets With Links Are 86% More Likely To Be Retweeted
Watch The Writing Biz this Wednesday at 7:30pm for more on hashtags when we talk about Twitter Best Practices for #Writers
This #video will remind you why you need to #besmart and don’t over use #hashtags. Use them #likeaboss.